Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get benefits-related free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you feel that you meet the criteria for your child to received benefits-related free school meals you can apply online using the following website. Results are instant and school will be informed of the result.
Online Free School Meal Website = https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims
Applying for more than one child in the same family
If you have more than one child in the school (from Reception to Year 6) you can apply for them at the same time. Enter the details for one child and press submit, you will then get your result at the top of the screen together with a reference number for the application.
There is also an option to print the application for your records and the words ‘You can make an application for another child’. If you click on this sentence you are taken to a new page where you can enter another child’s details without having to enter all of your personal details again.
If you would prefer, school can apply on your behalf – please ask for a form from the school office.